Ninja Approved Components
PI Audio Group
RMAF - AudioFest
The Audio Insider
Shop By Price
$0 - $25
$25 - $50
$50 - $100
$100 - $250
$250 - $500
$500 and up
Shop By Brand
Join our mailing list!
Accept Credit Cards
Parts Express TriTrix Crossover Upgrade
Parts Express TriTrix Crossover Upgrade
All pricing assumes components for one pair of speakers. If upgrades for a single speaker are needed, please contact us.
Custom Order - ETA will be emailed to you
Sonicap Platinum [Add $80.00]
Customize! Use the options in the blue box above to fully customize your upgrade. Click the (?) next to each item for a short description. For detailed information on each item, click the 'Customizations' tab directly above.
The Parts Express TriTrix loudspeaker kit is a huge success! Upgrade the crossover network with Sonicap G1 capacitors and Mills resistors for even better performance. This upgrade includes replacement capacitors for the tweeter and woofer - giving the speaker a more transparent presentation as well as greater detail and clarity. We also include non-inductive wire-wound Mills resistors for more consistent performance.
Optional Upgrade: Add a Sonicap Platinum bypass cap to the main tweeter cap for smoother highs, richer harmonics, more open, faster, and conveyance of much more emotion.
Overall you will notice a higher level of detail, texture, focus, superior sound stage,
musicality, and transparency.
– All of the ‘inner’ details of each instrument comes across clearly. The ‘live’ feel comes across so well because the subtleties that are normally lost are finally present. The more revealing the overall presentation is, the more convincing it is.
– We tightly match our components. While most components are 5 or even 10% tolerance, we use only 5% or less tolerance components and then we hand match them so that each pair of networks is 500 to 1000% better than the stock crossover.
– Moves the sound stage from being within the confines of the speaker and moves it out, up, and behind the speaker. This helps recreate the sense of space and volume of the original performance.
– The ability for the speakers to remove themselves from the performance. Our networks enhance this ability due to their magnetically correct layout, point to point build and superior quality components. Sit down, close your eyes, and listen... the performance comes alive as your speakers sonically disappear.
– The best part and why we are all here. Everything your speakers used to do they will do better with Skiing Ninja™ networks and upgrades.
If you want more in-depth information on these components,
visit our components section
These have become known as one of the best caps available with a soni
c signature that you won't hear. Super clean and detailed. We
all our Sonicaps for superior
Mills resistors offer superior sonic performance in all passive crossover circuits. Most resistors have a higher resistance to loud sounds than they do to quiet sounds. The result is an uneven mess. Bring the top to bottom presentation into sharp focus!
We offer an array of customization services from tweaking your outboard networks to tailoring your new networks to fit you and your room. For example, if your room has a lot of glass and is sparsely furnished, you may find your speakers to be '
' - we can alter the response to compensate for this. Any custom sonic changes are easily removed or updated if your environment changes.
for more information on any of our customization options.
Why use a 'by-pass cap'? Think of a capacitor as an energy storage device. Capacitors will store and release energy and are often used for that very reason.
In loudspeaker applications we use them for the capacitive effects and not their energy storage capabilities. The larger the cap the more energy it can store. Also larger caps take longer to charge and to discharge this stored energy. Different types of caps store and release energy at different rates too.
For a wealth of information on the usage of bypass capacitors in loudspeakers,
The Platinum posses the best combination of sonic characteristics available in a capacitor today. It is very fast, but full and rich. The presentation is ultra smooth without loss of detail, focus, or dynamics.
The Platinum is the best bypass cap we offer and is ideal for high resolution systems.
To upgrade your networks, simply replace the stock components with the new components you receive. Each part is labeled for easy reference.
If you are adding Sonicap Platinum bypass capacitors to your network, add the Platinum to the 10uF (tweeter) capacitor in parallel. Wrap the leads of the black Platinum cap around the leads of the larger 10uF white cap.
Note: This photo shows two Sonicap G1 capacitors. The smaller capacitor in your kit will be a black Platinum capacitor.
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Copyright © 2007 Skiing Ninja LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Shopping Cart Powered by